THEME SUPPORT GLOBAL FARMERS
Join us at Tell Camellia for a socially distanced, Sustainability Breakfast on Tuesday, 14 September 2021 at our penultimate meet-up of the year, where we will discuss the challenges in the global supply chain and how the sourcing decisions you make affect global farmers. We are inviting Herman Wong from Beams Coffee and Kisum Chan from Paddi by Rice Inc (HULT Prize winner) to speak about their challenges in sourcing coffee and supporting farmers.
A big thank you to our main supporter InvestHK, sponsor Fresh Accounting and venue host Tell Camellia for making this event possible. Breakfast pastries courtesy of Island Shangri La.
FOCUS AREA Sourcing – Support Global Farmers
BREAKFAST DATE Tuesday, 14 September 2021
TIME 8:30 am – 10:30 am
VENUE Tell Camellia, LG Floor, H Code 45 Pottinger Street, Central, Hong Kong
First come first serve, as there are limited in-person spaces. Additional attendees may join via livestream.
Members (Priority): Free (1 person per membership, then fee applies as below)
Non-Members: $250 + $14.98 administrative fees
(Max two attendees per organisation)
LEARN About why sourcing fairly traded produce is important for farmers in the developing world, and how access to a trade system based on justice and fairness is beneficial for all
DISCOVER What role you can play and what products and standards to look out for
MEET: Sustainable brands that are passionate about fair terms of trade within their supply chains
- Herman Wong, Co-Founder, Beams Coffee
- Kisum Chan, Director, Strategy and Marketing, Paddi, Rice Inc
The Sustainability Meet-up Series is a monthly gathering designed to educate and empower the Hong Kong foodservice community — chefs, restaurateurs, FOH, BOH, suppliers, and sustainability leads.
Underpinned by our framework, the programme is curated to inspire the community, to uncover novel ways through which they can apply small but significant changes to their sourcing choices, menu design, and supplies. We will be organising talks delivered by sustainable food industry leaders, on various themes linked to UN International Days and our three pillars – Sourcing, Society & the Environment.
Join us for a fantastic breakfast, pastries courtesy of Island Shangri La.
Limited spaces available. Sign up now to avoid disappointment.
In the event that we need to postpone the Sustainability Breakfast event, we will contact you directly.
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is closed to the media, consultancies and agencies
- The event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed nor quoted without express permission.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed via Eventbrite unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]