THEME REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
Join us in-person at The Hari for Food Made Good HK Sustainability Meet-up on Tuesday, 07 June 2022!
At this sixth meet-up of the year, we will introduce our topic Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and what this means terms of doing your Sustainability Star Rating? You’ll hear from two exciting speakers: Iris Lam from Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and their journey so far in SUP reduction, and Aditi Deodhar from Planeteers, an exciting start-up that has created an edible alternative to single-use cutlery.
This event is not to be missed! It’s great to have our in-person meetings again, see you all there. Be prepared for a fantastic discussion.
A big thank you to our sponsor Fresh Accounting, supporter InvestHK, and kind hosts The Hari for making this event possible.
FOCUS AREA Environment – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
DATE Tuesday, 7 JUNE 2022
TIME 3:30-5:30 PM
VENUE The Hari Hong Kong, 330 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Members: Free | Non-Members: $250
Free ticket is subject to Membership type. Due to covid restrictions, tickets are limited to 1 free ticket per Member
LEARN about how F&B outlets at the renowned Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group have moved away from single-use plastic items, their challenges and theirs successes along the way. Be inspired to learn from their experience and to take action on your sustainability journey.
DISCOVER how exciting start-up, Planeteers is making sustainable dining readily accessible to all by working towards solving the mounting plastic waste crisis through their 100% vegan and biodegradable edible range of tableware.
HEAR from our speakers:
1. Iris Lam, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
2. Aditi Deodhar, Planeteers
The Sustainability Meet-up Series is a monthly gathering designed to educate and empower the Hong Kong foodservice community — chefs, restaurateurs, FOH, BOH, suppliers, and sustainability leads.
Underpinned by our framework, the programme is curated to inspire the community and to uncover novel ways through which they can apply small but significant changes to their sourcing choices, menu design, and supplies. We will be organising talks delivered by sustainable food industry leaders, on various themes linked to UN International Days and our three pillars – Sourcing, Society & the Environment.
Join us for our event, courtesy of the venue host; The Hari Hong Kong
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is closed to the media, consultancies and agencies
- The event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed nor quoted without express permission.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed via Eventbrite unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]