THEME – SUPPORT THE COMMUNITY
This month we are fortunate enough to join ImpactHK on one of their Kindness Walks. These walks form the bedrock of ImpactHK’s charitable work and everyday their volunteers go out on the streets to distribute food and necessities. They now run close to 20 Kindness Walks all across Hong Kong every week, serving roughly 1,000 meals on the streets each week. The contribution of their volunteers play a vital role in helping to build trust on the streets by showing kindness.
A big thank you to our main supporter InvestHK and walk host ImpactHK for making this event possible.
FOCUS AREA Society – Support The Community
COCKTAIL DATE Tuesday, 11th January 2022
TIME 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
VENUE 29 (The Guestroom), ImpactHK, 29 Oak St, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
TICKETS First come first serve, as there are limited in-person spaces. Additional attendees may join via livestream.
Members (Priority): Free (1 person per membership, then fee applies as below)
Non-Members: $250 + $14.98 administrative fees.
LEARN About what it means to support your community through giving back your time to support people who experience homelessness.
DISCOVER what individual’s are facing when they experience homelessness. As ImpactHK believes, homelessness should be and often is a temporary experience, not an inherent part of someone’s identity.
The Sustainability Meet-up Series is a monthly gathering designed to educate and empower the Hong Kong foodservice community — chefs, restaurateurs, FOH, BOH, suppliers, and sustainability leads.
Underpinned by our framework, the programme is curated to inspire the community, to uncover novel ways through which they can apply small but significant changes to their sourcing choices, menu design, and supplies. We will be organising talks delivered by sustainable food industry leaders, on various themes linked to UN International Days and our three pillars – Sourcing, Society & the Environment.
Join us for kindness walk to give back to your community
3pm – meet at ImpactHK centre
3-3:30pm – sharing session about ImpactHK and the homeless situation in Hong Kong
3:30-3:45pm – explanation of Kindness Walk and preparation of materials
3:45-5:00 pm – Kindness Walk serving people experiencing homelessness, street cleaners and elderly
Limited spaces available. Sign up now to avoid disappointment. In the event that we need to postpone the Sustainability Cocktail event, we will contact you directly.
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is closed to the media, consultancies and agencies
- The event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed nor quoted without express permission.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed via Eventbrite unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]