THEME TREAT STAFF FAIRLY
Join us at PDT for a socially distanced, Sustainability Cocktails on Tuesday, 10 August 2021 at our eighth meet-up of the year, where we will discuss how the most successful businesses encourage staff loyalty and commitment. We are inviting Davis Bookhart from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Wong Shek Hung from Oxfam Hong Kong. to speak about the living wage in Hong Kong and how this directly impacts both the workers and the organisation.
A big thank you to our main supporter InvestHK, Fresh Accounting and venue host Please Don’t Tell for making this event possible.
FOCUS AREA Society – Treat Staff Fairly
COCKTAILS DATE Tuesday, 10 August 2021
TIME 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
VENUE Please Don’t Tell, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, 15 Queen’s Road Central, Central
First come first serve, as there are limited in-person spaces. Additional attendees may join via livestream.
Members (Priority): Free (1 person per membership, then fee applies as below)
Non-Members: $250 + $14.98 administrative fees
LEARN How businesses have been able to navigate recent changes to operations due to Covid, and how they retain staff through better practices.
DISCOVER How a progressive approach to pay and broader working conditions can improve recruitment and retention
- Davis Bookhart, Head of Sustainability, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Wong Shek Hung, Acting Director of Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan Programme, Oxfam Hong Kong
The Sustainability Meet-up Series is a monthly gathering designed to educate and empower the Hong Kong foodservice community — chefs, restaurateurs, FOH, BOH, suppliers, and sustainability leads.
Underpinned by our framework, the programme is curated to inspire the community, to uncover novel ways through which they can apply small but significant changes to their sourcing choices, menu design, and supplies. We will be organising talks delivered by sustainable food industry leaders, on various themes linked to UN International Days and our three pillars – Sourcing, Society & the Environment.
Join us for a round of fantastic cocktails, courtesy of the venue host, Please Don’t Tell.
Limited spaces available. Sign up now to avoid disappointment.
In the event that we need to postpone the Sustainability Breakfast event, we will contact you directly.
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is closed to the media, consultancies and agencies
- The event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed nor quoted without express permission.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed via Eventbrite unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]