Photo: Yik Yeung-man
Karaoke lounges, mahjong parlours and more venues to open
From Thursday, bars are allowed to operate until 2am with up to four people per table. Restaurants can extend service hours from 10pm to midnight. The 20-person limit at wedding banquets has been increased to 120.
An operating capacity limit of 50 per cent for cinemas and some other premises has been raised to 85 per cent, with eating and drinking now allowed in cinemas under the eased curbs.
Here are the latest updates:
- Catering businesses can have up to 8 people per table and up to 120 persons per banquet and can operate from 5am till midnight and can operate up to full capacity limit.
- Bars, pubs, karaoke establishments and mahjong-tin kau premises can have up to 4 persons per table and can operate from 5am till 1.59am with a capacity limit of premises of 75%.
- Hotels and guesthouses can have up to 8 persons staying in a guestroom/rental unit and up to 16 persons are allowed to stay in a suite with a capacity limit of 85% for meeting/function rooms.
- All catering premises, bars / pubs and scheduled premises will continue to implement the Vaccine Pass arrangement. All persons entering the relevant premises must comply with the vaccination requirements except under exempted scenarios.
- All persons-in-charge of specified premises are also required to put up a notice and / or check the patrons’ vaccination records or exemption certificates. Furthermore, the Government reminded citizens that the third stage of Vaccine Pass will be implemented on May 31, from then onwards the basic requirement for entering premises applicable to Vaccine Pass will be raised to three doses of vaccine. The arrangement for using “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application in various premises will also remain in place.