THEME WASTE NO FOOD
Join us at the Mandarin Grill + Bar for a socially distanced Sustainability Breakfast on Tuesday, the 12th of October 2021 for our last meet-up of the year. We will discuss the impacts and challenges of food waste, as well as ways to improve waste management.
Every day in Hong Kong, we are throwing away 3,565 tonnes of food waste to landfill and recycling only 2% of our total food waste. With the environmental, economic and social crisis, this cannot be sustained in the long term. Furthermore the government has recently passed the Waste Disposal Ordinance – food waste will not be voluntary indefinitely for restaurants.
A big thank you to our main supporter InvestHK, Fresh Accounting and venue host Mandarin Grill + Bar for making this event possible.
FOCUS AREA Environment – Waste No Food
BREAKFAST DATE Tuesday, 12 October 2021
TIME 8:30 am – 10:30 am
VENUE Mandarin Grill + Bar, 1/F, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, 5 Connaught Rd Central
First come first serve, as there are limited in-person spaces. Additional attendees may join via livestream.
Members (Priority): Free (1 person per membership, then fee applies as below)
Non-Members: $250 + $14.98 administrative fees
LEARN Why it is important to reduce waste production in order to limit our environmental footprint and greenhouse gas emissions. We will discuss challenges and initiatives that you may encounter along the journey of zero waste.
DISCOVER What role you can play and what products and standards to look out for.
- Steven Finn, Vice President of Food Waste Prevention at Leanpath
- Anne-Claire Béraud, Buisness Development Manager at Phenix by OnTheList
- Roanne Lo, Marketing and Branding Consultant at AquaGreen
The Sustainability Meet-up Series is a monthly gathering designed to educate and empower the Hong Kong foodservice community — chefs, restaurateurs, FOH, BOH, suppliers, and sustainability leads.
Underpinned by our framework, the programme is curated to inspire the community, to uncover novel ways through which they can apply small but significant changes to their sourcing choices, menu design, and supplies. We will be organising talks delivered by sustainable food industry leaders, on various themes linked to UN International Days and our three pillars – Sourcing, Society & the Environment.
Join us for a round of fantastic breakfast, courtesy of the venue host, Mandarin Grill + Bar
Limited spaces available. Sign up now to avoid disappointment.
In the event that we need to postpone the Sustainability Breakfast event, we will contact you directly.
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is closed to the media, consultancies and agencies
- The event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed nor quoted without express permission.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed via Eventbrite unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]