UPDATED The Hong Kong Government has announced the following new social distancing measures for restaurants/caterers and bars which will remain into effect until 3 February 2021.
Here is the summary below:
From 6pm to 4:59am, restaurants are only allowed to offer takeaway services.
All other measures remain the same:
1) All restaurants must remain at 50% capacity
2) No more than two people may sit at a table
3) There must be a distance of 1.5m between tables or a partition may be used to separate tables
5) People must not consume food or drink and must wear a mask when they are away from a table
6) Catering businesses must apply for a “LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code and display it at the entrance or at an obvious position within two days of receiving the QR code.
1) All bars/pubs must be closed.
Please see below for the formal announcement:
The relevant requirements include:
(a) A person must wear a mask at any time within any catering premises except when the person is consuming food or drink on the premises;
(b) Body temperature screening on a person must be conducted before the person is allowed to enter the catering premises;
(c) Hand sanitisers must be provided at any catering premises for any person at the premises;
(d)The number of customers at any catering premises at any one time must not exceed 50% of the normal seating capacity of the premises.
(e) No more than two persons may be seated together at one table within any catering premises;
(f) Tables available for use or being used by customers within any catering premises must be arranged in a way to ensure there is a distance of at least 1.5 metres or a partition which could serve as an effective buffer between one table and another table at the premises;
(g) Decrease the hours of dine-in services for catering businesses to 6pm and maintain other infection control measures
(i) Persons responsible for carrying on catering businesses providing dine-in services and scheduled premises must apply for a “LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code from the Government and display the QR code obtained at the entrance of the premises or at a conspicuous position within two working days upon receipt of the QR code; and
(h) All bars or pubs, bath-houses, clubs or nightclubs must be closed.
More details and the official press release from the HK Government to follow.