The Hong Kong Government has announced the following new social distancing measures for restaurants/caterers and bars which will come into effect on 26 November 2020 until 2 December 2020.
Here is the summary below:
1) All restaurants must remain at 50% capacity
2) No more than 4 people may sit at a table
3) There must be a distance of 1.5m between tables or a partition may be used to separate tables
4) From 12am to 4:59am, restaurants are only allowed to offer takeaway services
5) The number of people participating in a banquet in catering premises will be limited to 40
6) People must not consume food or drink and must wear a mask when they are away from a table
1) All bars/pubs must be closed.
Please see below for the formal announcement:
The relevant requirements include:
(a) A person must wear a mask at any time within any catering premises except when the person is consuming food or drink on the premises;
(b) Body temperature screening on a person must be conducted before the person is allowed to enter the catering premises;
(c) Hand sanitisers must be provided at any catering premises for any person at the premises;
(d)The number of customers at any catering premises at any one time must not exceed 50% of the normal seating capacity of the premises.
(e) No more than four persons may be seated together at one table within any catering premises;
(f) Tables available for use or being used by customers within any catering premises must be arranged in a way to ensure there is a distance of at least 1.5 metres or a partition which could serve as an effective buffer between one table and another table at the premises;
(g) Maintain the hours of dine-in services for catering businesses to 12am and maintain other infection control measures
(i) Persons responsible for carrying on catering businesses providing dine-in services and scheduled premises must apply for a “LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code from the Government on or before December 2, and display the QR code obtained at the entrance of the premises or at a conspicuous position within two working days upon receipt of the QR code; and
(h) All bars or pubs, bath-houses, clubs or nightclubs must be closed.
For more details, please refer to the following press release from the Hong Kong Government.