THEME SOURCE FISH RESPONSIBLY
Join us at Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social for a socially distanced, Sustainability Breakfast on Tuesday, 18 May 2021! At the fifth meet-up of the year, we are inviting James Oakley, Chef De Cuisine at Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, Richard Ekkebus, Director of Culinary Operations and Food & Beverage at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental and Benjamin So, Chairman at the HK Sustainable Seafood Coalition to speak about their experiences and challenges faced in sourcing sustainable seafood.
A big thank you to our main supporter InvestHK and venue host Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social for making this event possible.
FOCUS AREA Sourcing – Source Fish Responsibly
BREAKFAST DATE Tuesday, 18th May 2021
TIME 8:30 am – 10:30 am
VENUE Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, Level 5, Cordis Hong Kong, 555 Shanghai Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
First come first serve, as there are limited in-person spaces. Additional attendees may join via livestream.
Members (Priority): Free (1 person per membership, then fee applies as below)
Non-Members: $250 + $14.98 administrative fees.
LEARN About what it means to source sustainable seafood
DISCOVER How sustainable fishing can ensure the future of fish stocks and marine environments and what questions to ask your supplier
- James Oakley, Chef De Cuisine, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, Cordis Hong Kong
- Richard Ekkebus, Director of Culinary Operations and Food & Beverage at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental
- Benjamin So, Chairman at the HK Sustainable Seafood Coalition
The Sustainability Meet-up Series is a monthly gathering designed to educate and empower the Hong Kong foodservice community — chefs, restaurateurs, FOH, BOH, suppliers, and sustainability leads.
Underpinned by our framework, the programme is curated to inspire the community, to uncover novel ways through which they can apply small but significant changes to their sourcing choices, menu design, and supplies. We will be organising talks delivered by sustainable food industry leaders, on various themes linked to UN International Days and our three pillars – Sourcing, Society & the Environment.
Join us for a round of fantastic breakfast, courtesy of the venue host, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social.
Limited spaces available. Sign up now to avoid disappointment.
In the event that we need to postpone the Sustainability Breakfast event, we will contact you directly.
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is closed to the media, consultancies and agencies
- The event is held under the Chatham House Rule. Participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed nor quoted without express permission.
- Reservations in advance are required. Please consider your booking confirmed via Eventbrite unless notified otherwise.
- Cancellations must be made in writing 24 hours prior to the event. No shows will be charged.
- The event will be cancelled if the No.8 Typhoon signal or the Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed, recorded, and/or filmed and give permission to use your likeness in promotional and/or marketing materials.
- For further information please email [email protected]